Wow, Guess I’ll need to update this page soon. – In the meantime:
The TeamWahooly™ Newspaper
The TeamWahooly™ Newspaper has been a long time in coming, I wanted to make sure the content was relevant to what we needed to know about. What Klout is doing, what Wahooly, Inc. is doing,
Right now Wahooly,Inc. is in their beta stage of testing, and using testers from the group of Wahooligan Members who have chosen to participate. They’ve been at the testing now approximately two weeks and I would think another two weeks would be necessary to ensure all systems are working properly and in order for the final launch.
There is many things to do in order to get ready for a launch.
1) Get your Users Statements in order
2) Ensure all trackback on your ip are in place
3) Ensure your FAQ is up to date.
4) Ensure your Policy‘s and User Agreements are up to date.
5) Go through every link on the facing of your website at least a dozen times and at different times of the day.
6) Make sure there is no issues with HTTP vs HTTPS (and it seems there always is with some image or another)
7) Mark sure you pop/smtp services are working properly at all times of the day.
8) Do you have User Forums? Do you want User Forums? If you do have them are the policies clearly defined?
9) Are your Feedback Forms created in such a way you will receive useful data?
10) How tired is your team? Do they need a break? Would giving them a 2 day break now, increase your probability of success further down the road? These are no longer the days when John Wayne rides in and saves the day. In software our resources are our people
and keeping our people in good health is a managers responsibility as much as keeping the paper work up and budgets in order.
Another method companies as they launch is called staggering, not to be confused with staging. Staggering is the process that will allow the systems administrators to monitor and view how the system reacts to load balancing in real time. By Staggering the number of users at five thousand user intervals until either your users are maxed out or the system is. Everyone prays for the former to come first.
It will be interesting to me to see the way in which Wahooly Inc. decides to roll out their next launch. I have every faith in however they decide to roll it out, the system will work beautifully and will be worthy of themselves, their partners, the start-up companies who have chosen them, and last but certainly not least, us little promoters who hope to one day have a piece of the pie in the sky.
In the Mean Time, the*Team Wahooly™ * newspaper is now officially Launched and I hope you enjoy it
As well as another #Wahooligans Publication here.
If you have an article you would like us to consider for inclusion into either of these papers, please email them to “elaine at TeamWahooly dot com.
- Klout Is Evil, But It Can Be Saved (newyorker.com)
- Startup TweetTV raises $750K in angel funding (lostremote.com)
- Entrepreneur 2 Entrepreneur: Dana Severson on jumping (tech.mn)
- Wahooly Gets Ready for the Launch (elaineossipov.wordpress.com)
- Wahooly – Influencers and Startups connect (elaineossipov.wordpress.com)